- Capable of tapping M8 (5/16) to M20 (3/4)
- Employing a chatter-free clutch with a unique double spring design
- cushion drive easily allowing a pre-tapped hole to be re-aligned, eliminating cross threading
- Simple to install (arbors supplied separately)
- Included With The Tapping Head: 2 x Rubber Flex Collets, Collet chuck spanners and allen keys
- Head mounting - M20 thread
The reversing tapping head attachment for use with drilling or milling machines with a manual quill. The tapping head is capable of tapping M8 to M20, any size of tap can be held within this range including Imperial.
The tapping head has adjustable torque settings to prevent tap breakage. Utilizing a large knurled knob to easily adjust the torque, which is also numbered for convenience.
Employing a chatter-free clutch with a unique double spring design. This allows automatic disengagement of forward drive and smooth engagement of reverse drive. The reverse drive will retract the tap faster than the forward drive, considerably increasing production. The tapping head mechanism has a cushioned drive providing a self-feed action, ensuring pitch perfect threads.
The cushion drive easily allows a pre-tapped hole to be re-aligned, eliminating cross threading. The collet chuck on the head uses round rubber flex collets to adjust size and locate the tap. Other taps including Imperial can be used if they are within the metric size range, of the tapping head. The rear square end of the tap is held by a self centering two-jaw clamping plate, which also provides the main drive to the tap when in operation.
Simple to install to the machine using standard taper/chuck arbors.